Releases and platforms
- Horizons will be released as a BETA on the PC week ending May 8th (so any time that week).
- The full update for both the core game and Horizons will ship in June.
- Horizons will be released for the first time on XBOX One in June with or shortly after the PC release.
For details of the core game content click here
Elite: Dangerous Horizons 2.1
- Engineer modifications won’t just be weapons.
- Hostile NPCs will now attack on planets.
- NPC traffic between bases will be seen on planets.
- Engineer mods are mostly beneficial. Only a few have negative effects.
- Rebuy will cover the Engineer modifications on your ship, so you won’t lose them if you vessel is destroyed.
- Engineers are planet dwelling individuals (around 30 to start with).
- They will deal with you based on your reputation and rank and your relationship to them.
- Relations are built with Engineers by bringing them materials and carrying out missions for them.
- They will sell modifications to ships systems as well as awarding them for services carried out (missions).
- Some Engineers will be approachable immediately, while others must be found and some will only deal with players of rank from their faction.
- There may be PowerPlay specific Engineers.
- Improved graphical fidelity for planet surface textures.
- Man made Points of Interest on planets will be mostly within the bubble (i.e. crashed ships)
- Natural Points of Interest now exist to be discovered.
Confirmed Engineer modified weapons
- Regeneration laser – a beam laser that will recharge a wing-man’s shields.
- Feedback cascade – a new rail gun that, if fired when a shield cell is being used, collapsed the targets shields instantly.
- Thermal shock – heats up a target.
- Force shock shells – projectile version of shock-mines.
- Emissive munitions – applies to cannons and multi-cannons. This ammo will increase the radar signature of target ship. Counters silent running. Larger signature also means the target will take more weapon damage. Causes weapon used with ammo to heat up more.
- Incendiary Rounds – turns kinetic weapons into thermal on impact.
- Effects of these weapons is multiplied when used by more than one ship on the same target.